SEARCH RESULTS FOR: ibf
Amir Khan hearing into Lamont Peterson bout cancelled
January 18, 2012 (04:35) [ Indexed from Mirror.co.uk
Today's hearing into Amir Khan's controversial defeat by Lamont Peterson has been cancelled after Khan's promoters, Golden Boy Promotions, inexplicably withdrew their appeal last night.The International Boxing Federation announced just hours before the hearing was scheduled to start in New Jersey that the Englishman's team had changed their minds without giving a reason.An statement from IBF public relations director Jeanette Salazar said: "I just wanted to advise you that at approximately 4:50 PM, EST, the IBF received notice that Golden Boy Promotions withdrew their appeal of the Khan-Peterson bout."The hearing that was scheduled for tomorrow (Wednesday,1/18) has been cancelled. We have not received any further information on this decision by Golden Boy Promotions."Khan complained to both the WBA and IBF after losing his light-welterweight titles to Peterson in the American's native Washington on December 10.He highlighted several grievances, chiefly referee Joe Cooper's deduction of two points, the judges' scoring of the bout and the unexplained presence of 'mystery man' Mustafa Ameen at ringside.Khan, along with father Shah and business manager Asif Vali, flew from Britain to the United States today ahead of the hearing in Newark, New Jersey. Khan even sent messages to fans on social network sites.The Bolton fighter said on Facebook today: "(En) route to New york (sic), for the ibf hearing. Let's see what the mystery man has to say!"He later tweeted: "Landed safe and sound to New York. 20minutes through customs, wow never been so quick."Khan's team has demanded answers to a number of questions - not least what role Ameen played when interacting with ringside officials.One possible explanation for the withdrawal of the appeal could be that Golden Boy and Peterson's team have come to an agreement over a rematch between themselves.That, however, would not explain why Khan's team are remaining silent on the matter. Neither they nor Golden Boy Promotions were answering calls last night.So-called 'mystery man' Ameen was due to speak at the hearing.However, arguably the most credible witness was not due to be present in Newark, New Jersey, with the IBF confirming last night that Welsh was not going to be there to explain what Ameen was doing or saying, because he is a representative of another governing body and therefore not answerable to them.The World Boxing Association last week confirmed they had granted 25-year-old Khan another shot at Peterson amid what Khan's camp described as "a plethora of anomalies" in the original fight. More...
Ameen 'not IBF official'
January 11, 2012 (16:45) [ Indexed from Sky Sports
The IBF have insisted that Mustafa Ameen was not at ringside in any official capacity for the organistion in Washington last month. More...
Khan mystery man not IBF official
January 11, 2012 (09:01) [ Indexed from BBC Sport
The International Boxing Federation confirms the 'mystery man' accused by Amir Khan of interfering with judges' scorecards in his defeat against Lamont Peterson is not an official. More...
IBF mystery man hits back at Khan
January 08, 2012 (01:10) [ Indexed from Mirror.co.uk
THE mystery man sporting a hat who was seen ‘distracting judges’ at Amir Khan’s controversial world-title defeat has been named as American boxing board official Mustafa Ameen. More...
Thompson gets another heavyweight title shot
October 31, 2011 (21:45) [ Indexed from ESPN.com
When heavyweight contender Tony Thompson found out that he had been named the mandatory challenger for champion Wladimir Klitschko, he did something you normally wouldn't associate with a big, strong fighter. More...
IBF orders Hernandez-Cunningham rematch
October 15, 2011 (21:25) [ Indexed from ESPN.com
Yoan Pablo Hernandez and Steve Cunningham will meet again for a cruiserweight title after the IBF ordered a rematch following Cunningham's protest over the controversial conclusion of their Oct. 1 bout. More...
Salgado Is New IBF Champ
September 11, 2011 (10:45) [ Indexed from SecondsOut.com
Juan Carlos Salgado scored a controversial 12 round unanimous decision win over Argenis Mndez to claim the vacant IBF super-featherweight crown on Saturday . More...
« Previous | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next »
From 141 until 160 / 196